Carrers in Independence Aviation
Independence Aviation (IA) is a premiere aviation services provider located in Denver, Colorado at Centennial Airport (KAPA). Founded in 2007, IA is a Platinum Cirrus Training Center, and was awarded the 2016 Cirrus Training Center of the Year. We offer the largest and newest Cirrus aircraft fleet of its kind in one location. Plus, with the flexibility of being a Part 61 Flight School, we can meet the flight training needs of all students.
Position Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide flight and ground instruction for primary students, instrument students, transition students, currency training, proficiency training, and discovery flights.
- Process and maintain a deep level of aircraft knowledge and be a model aviator, flight instructor, and Independence Aviation representative.
- Enhance flight safety by providing excellent, high quality, and standardized flight and ground instruction.
- Creatively adjust teaching methods to increase the value and effectiveness of each training opportunity.
- Provide excellent and professional customer service.
- Maintain communication with clients before and after flight training events.
- Provide a first point of contact for clients to ensure all of their flight training questions are answered. Ensure that their experience is positive and place the needs and expectations of the customer first.
- Escalate client and internal pilot issues to the Chief Flight Instructor.
- Operate aircraft in accordance with applicable regulations and Independence Aviation company policies.
- Make timely and accurate decisions regarding safety of flight.
- Perform normal pre-flight and post-flight inspections as well as clean, fuel, add oil and de-ice fluid, update chart subscriptions, etc. for the aircraft.
- Ability to maintain enthusiasm and eagerness in the face of demanding and differing customers and clients.
- Adhere to all FAA regulations.
Required Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Certificates/Ratings: CFI, CFII, CSEL, Instrument Rating
- FAA Class II Medical
- 60 hours dual instruction given
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Cirrus experience
- Cessna 182 experience
- Garmin Perspective experience